Thank you for your interest in Poe Cooperative Nursery School (Poe-Co)! Come and see what we’re all about!
1. To apply, parents are required to first attend a scheduled tour of the school. See tour dates below. Sign up for a tour with the Registrar, Michelle Dugan, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 713/861-7744.
2. Return completed application with application fee to registrar during the tour or by mail to:
Poe Cooperative Nursery School
P.O. Box 981012
Houston, TX 77098
3. Notices will be given by February 15, 2011.
Important Dates 2010-2011:
October 15: Applications accepted for returning families for the 3-year-old Acorn class.
Monday, October 25: Applications accepted for new families. Parent(s) must take a tour first to apply.
All tours begin at 8:30 a.m. Please meet at the Poe-Co playground.
Monday, October 25
Wednesday, November 3
Tuesday, November 9
Monday, November 15
Tuesday, November 30
Monday, December 6
*Alternative tour dates available by appointment only. Please contact Michelle Dugan to schedule.
Students are enrolled for one semester at a time; the Poe-Co calendar follows that of H.I.S.D. Those applying for a 3-year-old program must be toilet trained and 3 on or before September 1 and those applying for a 4-year-old program must be 4 on or before September 1. If it is necessary to remove a child from the program before the end of the semester, the family is obligated to make all tuition payments for the current semester until the vacancy is filled. There will be no deductions from the monthly payments for absences, illnesses, or other reasons.
Tuition and Hours
Poe-Co offers a five-day morning program, with extended day options Monday-Thursday.
Tuition and Fee Schedule for 2010-2011
(Tuition subject to change for 2011-2012)
Tuition (Monday-Friday, 8:30-11:30 a.m.)
$360.00 per month
Extended Day (11:30 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.)
$90.00 per month for 2 days per week
Extended Day (11:30 a.m.-2:50 p.m.)
$180.00 per month for 4 days a week
Early Drop Off (Monday-Friday, 8:00-8:30 a.m.)
$40.00 per month
$100.00 per year*
The supply fee is billed twice a year totaling $100.00 per child. $50.00 is due at the beginning of the fall semester and $50.00 is due at the beginning of the spring semester.
Partial and full scholarships when available are based on financial need. Applications for financial aid must be filed with the board by February 1 of the year preceding the school year. The application must be reviewed by the financial committee which is made up of selected board members. Families will be notified in a timely manner of the status of their applications.
Parent Volunteer Requirements
At Poe-Co, we believe parent involvement is an integral component to a child’s development. Parents are always welcomed into the classroom and encouraged to participate and share their special talents and skills. Following are the participation requirements.
1. Parent Helper Days: A parent is required to spend approximately 10 days (8:15 a.m.- noon) spread throughout the school year in the classroom. Parent helper days are designed to be your child’s special day.
2. Mandatory Meetings: There are two mandatory meetings during the school year that parents must attend.
3. Committees: A parent from each family serves on one committee or on the Board of Directors.
4. Field Trips: One parent from each family must attend 1 field trip in the fall or 1 field trip in the spring. See the calendar for this year’s field trip dates.
5. Fundraisers: Each family must participate fully in both the fall and the spring fundraising projects.
6. Special Projects: The success of Poe-Co depends on the involvement and generosity of our parents’ time. In the past, parents have worked on the playground, undertook heavy cleaning in the classrooms, etc. Some families have built special centers for the classroom.
Application to come. Please check back October 7th. 2010.